by Mississauga Aquatic Club, 2019-02-18T05:20:07.000-08:00February 18 2019, at 05:20 AM PST
Dear MSSAC Parents and Swimmers
• The 2019 Swim-A-Thon will take place this year the week of March 18, 2019.
• Every MSSAC swimmer must register to participate using the following link: www.ontarioswimathon.ca/mssac
• Fundraising for this iconic Canadian swimming event is integral to the club’s operational budget but most importantly the sustainability of fees for all swimmers to have access to our program.
• Each swim group has a date and time which their swimming event will take place. Your group Swim-A-Thon representative will organize this with your coach. Some groups celebrate their success with a social event following the swim. It will be well deserved!
Prizes for the event
• Swimmers who participate in the Swim A Thon will be entered in draws at the pool to win a prize.
• Top Fundraisers will be awarded prizes from our Arena Sponsor.
• Three groups will win a Pizza-Party!! The three groups who raise the most over and above their levy will win a pizza party. One for the WAVE program, One for the White programs and one for Orange to HP.
• Swim-A-Thon is a major national fundraising initiative.
• Money raised is mostly for the club, however a small portion goes to Swim Ontario, Swim Canada and Raise-A-Thon.
• We use an online fundraising tool called Raise-A-Thon. By utilizing the customized MSSAC fundraising site, we can reach out to family, colleagues and friends via social networks in Canada and throughout the world! Please note that no tax receipts are given for SAT donations or sponsorship.
FAQ: Didn’t we already pay something for SAT?
Upon registration, all families agreed to pay a SAT levy. This is charged to your account. It is the minimum that we ask each family to raise towards the SAT. Your Levy will be processed the week of February 11.
Reg Dev $240
Jr Nats $450
HP Age $375
How SAT fundraising can work for you
You can recoup the money that you prepaid. Let’s use the example of a $50.00 levy applied to your Account.
Your account will be credited for all pledge amounts received up to a maximum of $50.
Case 1: The swimmer doesn’t raise any money online. The Club keeps the $50 that the family prepaid and the family is out-of-pocket $50.
Case 2: The swimmer raises $35 online. The Club keeps all the money raised and then credits the family account for $35. In effect, the Club keeps the $35 from outside donors and retains $15 of the family’s prepaid amount, for a total of $50 – the required SAT commitment. At the end of the day, the family is out-of-pocket $15.
Case 3: The swimmer raises $100. The Club keeps all the money raised online and credits the family account for $50. The swimmer has raised the required SAT levy so the full prepaid amount is credited. At the end of the day, the family is out-of-pocket nothing.
How to register your swimmer so you can start fundraising
1. Please go to our club link at: www.ontarioswimathon.ca/mssac to register your swimmer and start spreading the word to family, friends, business colleagues, social contacts and those that support the sport of swimming in our community, province and Canada.
2. Parents, please be the ones to register your swimmer online. It’s important that you understand and acknowledge the family affidavit.
3. Swimmers will be asked to enter a profile and a fundraising goal. They may upload a profile picture and a goal statement if they wish.
4. Swimmers complete their swim.
5. The club link will remain active even after the swim-a-thon is complete, until April 1, 2019. You can continue to raise funds until midnight on that day.
A BIG THANK YOU to Tara Wilson and Michael Arthur for volunteering the lead the SAT committee and the following parents who have volunteered to be the SAT Rep for your group. Please contact them with any questions you have.
Each group will have a swim a thon meeting during practice between Feb 9-23. You will receive an email from your Group Parent Rep about this important meeting.
Monica Florea Monicaflorea77@hotmail.com
John Kapralos email@example.com
Wayne Malcolm firstname.lastname@example.org
Cecillia Pineiro Pineiro_9@hotmail.com
Tracey Coulls email@example.com
Adele Casuga firstname.lastname@example.org
Olga Vieira email@example.com
Hashita Shah firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Drapkin email@example.com
Vivian Boem firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariia Aronova email@example.com
Roshni Shah firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori Tavares email@example.com
(All Groups) Andrea Pittis firstname.lastname@example.org