News and Announcements
Member Information Update
: The AGM has been rescheduled.
Thursday May 23rd
To be confirmed.
1. The Town Hall meetings are an opportunity for the Board to present further information to you and an opportunity for you to ask the Board of Directors questions prior to the AGM.
2. The Annual General Meeting will provide the members with reports from the Board, Staff, Financial Information and planning for next year. The AGM will also address and vote on any motions made by members as well as have our elections for the Board of Directors. If you have given someone a Proxy – they will be able to vote on all of these items on your behalf.
3. Town Hall meetings will be as follows: Tuesday April 23rd 7pm Tomken Twin Rinks, Monday April 29th 7pm MSSAC Office, Thursday May 9th MSSAC Office 7pm. If there are any changes or additions to this schedule, it will be posted here.
4. . The administration work with all areas of the club and will help facilitate the Town Hall meetings and the AGM. They have been asked to keep a neutral position in order to assist fairly with the AGM and the elections. Swim Ontario will also attend our AGM as a non-biased third party and governing body. They have been asked to take the lead as ‘scrutineers’ for any voting that takes place.
5. A Proxy can be found on the website under the ‘Parents’ ‘AGM tab’ along with other information from the Board of Directors regarding the AGM. Proxies should be brought to the meeting and not given ahead of time to anyone other than the person for whom you wish to vote on your behalf. Members have distributed ‘unofficial’ proxies using the MSSAC logo without permission. We are investigating whether or not we will accept these at the AGM. . IF you have signed a proxy and would like it invalidated please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
6. The best situation for the club will be for all members to cast their own vote after hearing information from all parties and making their own decision. There has been information distributed and disseminated from Coaches, High Performance Parents, Board Members, Staff, Alumni etc. We will not comment on it as it is your duty to decide on what you feel is factual and appropriate given the situation. The administration staff have been advised to uphold a professional position of neutral.
7. Any member in good standing can attend the AGM and vote. If your account is in good standing, you will not be able to attend the AGM or vote and any proxy on your behalf will be invalid.
8. Any member will be able to attend the Town Hall meetings. If you would like to find out how to put your account in good standing, please call the office so that we can assist you OR log into your parent portal and pay all outstanding invoices.
Dr. Ralph Hicken Swim International, May 16 – 19th
Markham Pan Am Pool, Markham ON
MSSAC Swimmer declaration (entries) April 29th
Competition Coordinator: Jeff Holmes
Officials Coordinator: Indrani Bose email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICIALS SIGN UP LINK: https://vmodcui.active.com/volunteer/jobs?eventGroupId=1441403
Swimmers will swim in age combined events as 12 & Under and 13 & Over. All relays will be timed finals and will swim during the Preliminary Sessions. Heats will be seeded slowest to fastest except in 800’s 1500’s, fastest to slowest.
12 &Under Events will be timed finals. Arena Golden Crown: A slowest to fastest swim-off by the top 8 males and top 8 females in the 50M Free based on results. Fastest time in each age group wins the Golden Crown and prize. 10 & U, 11-12.
13 &Over A & B Finals for all individual 100M and 200M events. Top 20 swimmers.
A, B & C Finals for all 50M events. Top 30 swimmers. Meet Management reserves the right to cancel heats in finals for any less than 6 swimmers. Arena Golden Crown: A slowest to fastest swim-off by the top 10 males and top 10 females in the 50M Free based on A, B, C Finals results in the 50M Free Finals. Fastest time in each age group wins the Golden Crown and prize. 13-14, 15&O. All 400/800/1500 events are Timed Finals. Finals will swim youngest to oldest and slowest to fastest.
Initial Entries: Thursday April 25, 2019
Entry Deadline: Thursday May 9, 2019, 12:00 pm (noon)
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK IF YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH THE ENTRY FILE:https://registration.swimming.ca/userentries.aspx?sanctionid=25890
Residence Inn and Courtyard Inn by Marriott
Room rates start at $119* per night. To make a reservation call the Hotels directly at +1-905-707-6533 (Courtyard) and +1-905-707-7933 (Residence Inn) and book rooms under “Hicken International Swim Meet”
The Lottery Drum will be located at the following pools on the following dates/times for you to drop off your lottery tickets prior to the draw on Wednesday June 12th.
Tuesday May 14 Huron Park 5:30 – 6:30
Tuesday May 21 Rivergrove 5 – 6, Erin Meadows 7 -8
Wednesday May 22nd Clarkson 4:30 – 5:00
Monday May 27th Glenforest 6-6:30
Tuesday May 28th Meadowvale 5:30 – 7
Wednesday May 29th Huron Park 4:15 – 5:45
Monday June 3rd Cawthra 4:30 – 6
Wednesday June 5th Meadowvale 4:30 – 5:30
Thursday June 6th Glenforest 5 – 6
The Lottery Drum will also be at the Hicken Meet for ticket drop off: in the Officials room Thursday May 16 and Friday May 17 and in the lobby Saturday May 18 and Sunday May 18.